Battalion formed in 1939 as a Motor Cycle Battalion in 2nd London Division. Aug 39. Headquarters in Grosvenor Square, London. The Battalion is embodied and tasked with guarding Vulnerable Points (e.g. Bridges, Tunnels) in London. In December move to London Docks. In January 1940 the Battalion move to Northwood. In April orders received to “be prepared to move overseas at an early date”. This did not happen. Move to Wickford, Essex on 11 May 40 and tasked “to deal with possible enemy invasion by airplane and parachute”. Move again on 14 May 40 to Chipping Ongar, reports of enemy parachutists landing and captured. 18 May 40. Come under command of 15th (Scottish) Infantry Division. Jun 40. Re-join 2nd London Division. 4 Jun 40. To Abington, Cambs, then on 11 Jun to Wimpole Hall, near Cambridge. 25 Jun 40. to Beaudesert Hall, Rugeley, Staffordshire, 16 Jul to Enville, Staffs. 6 Aug 40. Redhill Camp, Hereford. 18 Oct 40. To Builth Wells, Brecknockshire. Training. 23 Oct 40. Ceased to be a Motor Cycle Battalion and re-roled as a Motor Battalion. 21 Nov 40. 2nd London Division re-designated 47th (London) Division. 9 Dec 1940. To Northampton and 28 Armoured Brigade (part of 9th Armoured Division). 15 Jan 41. KRRC titles and cap badges taken into use. QVR cap badges only to be worn on Green Side Caps.